How to fill a funeral jewel
Here is the procedure for placing the ashes and sealing your funeral jewelry with glue.
We recommend that you read the entire procedure before taking action.
Necessary material :
- Sheet of paper - Scotch - Scissor - Toothpick - Super glue - A clean workspace
1) Study how your funeral jewelry opens. Some may have a screw that unscrews from the top, while others may have a small screw on the back or bottom.
2) Remove the screw and tighten several times. This will give you an idea of how the jewelry works and also give you the opportunity to make sure that there are no mating issues between the two pieces.
3) Jewelry filling:
a) Make a funnel with the help of a piece of paper. For that :
Cut out ¾ of a circle on a sheet of paper. Fold the circle so that the edges overlap. Add tape to secure the funnel. (see photo below)
Use the jewelry to measure the size of the hole needed for the funnel. Cut the bottom of the funnel to create the desired hole size.
Tip: Start small, you can always do more.
b) Remove the screw and using the funnel, put a small pinch of ash inside the pendant. Do not fill to the brim.
4) Take the toothpick and pick around the thread on the inside of the pendant to clear away any ash that may have remained inside the thread.
5) Check that the screw can still be screwed in and out. Also check that the jewelry is not overfilled and that it is possible to close the jewelry with the screw.
6) Put a little glue on a cardboard or a sheet, (enough to be able to dip the toothpick on it).
7) Unscrew the screw halfway, using the toothpick apply the glue to the screw thread. Tighten the screw.
If you put glue on the pendant, you need to clean the glue on the pendant quickly.
8) Let the glue dry for 24 hours.
You can now wear the jewelry.
Our funeral jewelry can be found on this page: http://www.funeraire-urne.fr/fr/bijoux-funeraires